Re: bad livna nvidia X driver update ?

* Chris Jones [09/03/07 20:33]:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone else had problems with the last livna update for the nvidia X
> driver. Installation gave this error

I had a problema again this morning with the nvidia module, it's
driving me crazy. But my problem is different.

I get a screen:

1: Analog Input
Cannot display this video Mode
Optimum Resolution 1280 x 1024 60 HZ

It seems that xwindows is running but I can't get into the fedora
initial screen to log in into a desktop. I tried adding this
resolution to xorg.conf, but it didn't help. And from the four kernels
that I have listed in my grub I think only one gets a nvidia module, I
tried downloading one for the latest kernel, it downloaded fine  but
it wouldn't work (still not in the livna repository?).

I will try to install the dkms from freshrpms that was mentioned in
a recent thread but I have some doubts. Does this compile the "nv"
driver or the "nvidia" driver?

Can any kind soul provide with an exact command line to install that
package? (and one to identify and remove the rpm that I downloaded and
isntalled from Dell, because that one is always failing at bootup and
actually I was told it is very old: dkms-nvida(1.0-87556).rmp or
something like that.

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
Barcelona