Re: Reading NTFS partition from FC6

Title: Re: Reading NTFS partition from FC6
At 4:09 PM -0800 3/6/07, Larry Kelly wrote:
Thanks for  the quick response.  Installed ntfs-3g on two dual-boot machines.  Created a /mnt/windows folder.  Ran the suggested command:

ntfs-3g /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows
I received this   "WARNING:  Deficient FUSE kernel module detected.. . . The same FUSE kernel has been included since version 2.6.28-rc1..."

That's a 0, not an 8.  You might wish to change the system fonts from dejavu back to the old luxi sans.  I wish the dejavu 0 were decorated differently.  (I once made all the glyphs in the Mac font Monaco distinct; my zero has a dot at the upper right inside corner.  If dejavu had the dot at a corner, zero would not look like some other character.)

It still seems to work. I can see the partition.  Should I be concerned?

Hint: What version kernel is running?  What is the highest version kernel in the Fedora repositories?

Also:

How do I tell which partitions belong to windows?  Or,  what type of partition it is?

mount, for mounted partitions.
TonyN.:'                       <mailto:tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      '                              <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>