Re: Support for Firefox 1.5.0.x ends on April 24, 2007.

On 3/6/07, Scott van Looy <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Today Andras Simon did spake thusly:

> On 3/6/07, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> Really, "Firefox 2.0" is more like "Firefox 1.6". They just decided they
>> needed a more exciting version number. From an end-user point of view,
>> there's little new except the spellchecker (and the crash-resume thing
>> without needing to get a special extension to do it).
>
> This is slightly OT, but: is that "crash-resume thing" a complete
> replacement for the Session Saver extension? I.e., does it also save
> the history of all open tabs and work if FF doesn't crash but quit
> normally?

Yes, you can set it to open your last set of tabs on startup. and shift +
ctrl + t will bring up the last tab you closed (if you accidentally close
the wrong tab for example). Plus the JS stuff is better in 2, the UI is
better, there's better support for internationalisation and it's generally
a bit faster and nicer

Sounds good! Thanks,

Andras