Re: FC6 fonts problem

> Put the TTF in ~/.fonts.  Restart OpenOffice.  If it doesn't show up,
> I'd guess that the file is bad.

Thanks that solved the problem! I was looking for a solution for quickly
update accessible fonts, but never new about '.fonts' directory :)

> Not that I condone downloading ITC fonts (I don't), but I tested one
> from this page:
> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.portaldelosjardines.com.ar%2Ffuentes%2Findex.php%3Fletra%3DT&ei=9x_rRavnEobmwAKIidi-DQ&usg=__FlYQYQvY84ElB0ZaZMAsUFZ9xoc=&sig2=qnX6WCFrmQKPEEwS5ppeMA

The link didn't work for me :(

> Dafont.com is a good resource for truly free fonts.  This category
> ought to provide something better than 'Tempus Sans' ;)

> http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=115

They have only links to commercial 'Tempus*' fonts, but I found a free
one some time ago on the web, can't really say where thought.

> PS - I maintain an app in extras called fontypython that puts symlinks
> from fonts - wherever you store them - into ~/.fonts.  If you're
> constantly having to manage thousands of fonts, it may make your life
> easier.  If not, it's probably overkill.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't work with so many fonts to put
them in different places.

Przemek
--
AIKIDO TANREN DOJO  -   Poland - Warsaw - Mokotow - Ursynow - Natolin
info: http://www.tanren.pl/ phone: +48501516666 email: dojo@xxxxxxxxx