Re: Livna kernel dependency issue

On 3/5/07, Marc Wilson <msw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 09:39:32AM -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
> I'm getting irritated at Fedora being a bit too bleeding edge for my
> taste. I have work to do, and can't afford the time I spend farting
> around with this stuff.

So why'd you install the update, then?  I must have missed the gun being
held to your head.

To be fair, this problem would have occured to him even if he was not
intentionally trying to update his kernel. If he had done a first time
installation of the driver and livna gave him the newest driver then
the kernel update would have been non-optional.

I get this question often: Why does installing a simple driver require
a full kernel update and subsequent updates of *all* my drivers?

-Mauriat