Re: Livna kernel dependency issue

Charles Curley wrote:
> Followup. This morning's updates brought the missing kernel in, and I
> installed it. I now have two kernels of what apprear to be the same
> major, minor and patch numbers on my system:
>
> kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.6.4.fc6.i686
> kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6.i686
>
> Huh?

The .6.4 at the end of the release are additional since the previous
kernel package, meaning it was an update.  The changelog for the
package shows what is different from the previous release:

* Sat Feb 24 2007 Chuck Ebbert <cebbert@xxxxxxxxxx>
- 2.6.19.5
- re-enable Xen

* Thu Feb 22 2007 Chuck Ebbert <cebbert@xxxxxxxxxx>
- 2.6.19.4 (CVE-2007-0772)
- 2.6.19.5-rc1
- bad_inode_ops patch (CVE-2006-5753)
- disable MSI on forcedeth cards (bz #222556)
- Intel HDA si3054 codec (bz #228879)
- "no irq for vector" fix (bz #225399)
- usbnet oops fix (bz #228231)
- swiotlb synchronization fix
- scsi cdrom ioctls were broken

You may not need any of the fixes from this release and could just
skip it, especially if it causes some regression.  If you do notice
problems and have a few minutes, submitting bugs for them would help
ensure that the problems can be fixed.

Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.