Re: Beryl update broke my Beryl :)

Claude Jones wrote:
On Sun March 4 2007, kevin b wrote:
I had some time to work on this today and I fixed it by running the
NVidia driver installer again and letting it config my xorg.conf.
Now it works again.  I'm using the latest driver from NVidia.com.

Can you test that and let me know if that helped you too?

Kevin: May I ask, are you running that using the command "nvidia-installer"? I'm running the 9746 driver and according to the documentation, that's the command, yet, that command does not exist on my system.
I just ran the installer again:
chmod a+x NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9746-pkg1.run
sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9746-pkg1.run

[that's a 'dot-slash']

I went thru the installation and at the end it asked me if I wanted it to config my xorg.conf which I said yet.

You can do that manually, Check the README for this part

Kevin

If you have a working X config file for a different driver (such as the “nv” or “vesa” driver), then simply edit the file as follows.

Remove the line:

     Driver "nv"
 (or Driver "vesa")
 (or Driver "fbdev")

and replace it with the line:

   Driver "nvidia"

Remove the following lines:

   Load "dri"
   Load "GLCore"

In the |Module| section of the file, add the line (if it does not already exist):

   Load "glx"