Re: mail program for FC6

Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:
Mutt is a little more sensible, but does anyone still use a character
based mailer regularly these days?

Sure!

Even if you have a limited bandwidth connection, imap to a local GUI
mailer is a lot nicer.

Well nicer in sense of look, functionality,...? I doubt there is a GUI
mail client coming even near as for functionality (correct me if I'm
wrong). A specially if some one is a quick typist using all 10 fingers.

On modern machines, GUI programs have no problem keeping up with anyone's typing. Most offer hotkeys for many operations so you don't have to move your hand to the mouse, but there at just many operations in the GUI versions that have no character-mode equivalent. For example, you can pop several messages open in their own windows to have them on the screen for reference or cut/paste while you reply to another message. Or, you can select multiple non-contiguous messages with ctl-click on the subject display, then drag them to a different folder in one motion. Or move attachments around with drag and drop.

--
  Les Mikesell
  lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx