Re: evolution query.

On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 12:41 +0100, Peter Boy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 04.03.2007, 20:21 +1030 schrieb Tim:
> > The simplest solution, if it's available to you, is to use IMAP for your
> > mail.  Mail then stays on the server, and you browse it with your mail
> > client.
>
> Unfortunately, that is not an option
>
> > You might want to say what it is that you want to synchronise (any or
> > all of mail, contacts, calendar entries, etc.).  Evolution does quite a
> > few things.
>
> I wish to synchronise mail and contacts, but mainly mail
>
> In evolution I found an import function, but not an export

Problem is the idea of synchronise, which implies two way movement of
"latest" pieces.  My earlier "routine" could probably be scripted to
copy the mail from one machine to the other, but it's a one-way movement
of "all" the mail, not just the stuff that has changed.

I think you might want to reconsider Tim's suggestion which would allow
you to store the mail on your own personal single machine and then
access it from the other.  You can then use something like fetchmail to
get the mail downloaded to that first machine and then use dovecot or
cyrus to "share" it out with IMAP....  I don't use the IMAP function
this way, but my understanding is that it also has a synchronise
capability to be able to keep a "local" copy from the server to read
"off-line"....  You might be able to get creative between those two
machines using something like that....

--Rob