Re: Can I generate Installation DVD from Development repository

Hikaru Amano wrote:
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi

I know about pungi but I couldnt get how to use it ... no manpages and
the doc at the trac page does not tell explicitly how to configure it
.. I've tried it by simply using the default config from pungi RPM,
but the process looks like an infinite loop of depsolve to me .. at
first I thought I was seeing things so I left it running, surprisingly
to me, after 2 days its still looping the same output .. I tried this
using the pungi-fc6.i386 config file - just to test and see how pungi
works ... that was a about, a few weeks ago ..

any idea?

Edit pungi.conf to what you want your system to do. The default is for
/srv/pungi as the build directory. I chose home because I have more
space in home than in /srv

Afterwards, I ran 'pungi --all-stages' which seemed to work up to the
point where the iso files are generated. It fails to create the iso
files and I am not sure why.

I might have errors in the file but as you say, there was not much
documentation to go on.

Just a pointer to get you a little further along in the process.

Jim

My config:
# Pungi config file
#

[default]
product_name = Fedora Core
product_path = Fedora
iso_basename = FC
bugurl = http://bugzilla.redhat.com
comps = /etc/pungi/comps-fc7.xml
manifest = /etc/pungi/minimal-manifest
yumconf = /etc/pungi/yum.conf.i386
destdir = /home/pungi
cachedir = /home/pungi/cache
arch = i386
version = development
discs = 1
getsource = No

--
To accuse others for one's own misfortunes is a sign of want of education.
To accuse oneself shows that one's education has begun.  To accuse