Re: mail program for FC6

Les Mikesell wrote:
Snip

but does anyone still use a character based mailer regularly these days?

Yes. I do

I have used it before -- maybe 15 years ago. I am comfortable with it.

I wanted to test various combinations of some of the Postfix config file options. Easy to do. Make changes -- type "postfix reload"

Pine let me send simple messages very easily and efficiently.

What could be simpler? Type "C" for compose. The header fields are displayed very clearly."Enter" lets you go from one to the next. And finally, "^X" sends the message.

I always keep it installed on my systems. It is one of the first "extras" I install.