Re: mail program for FC6

> That depends how you receive your mail. Since a linux machine contains
> its own smtp server there should no meed for the mailer to do imap. Your
> machine can be directly accessible.

If you are going to be reading your email from many difference places, then
imap wins hands done. That's what it is designed for. To used SMTP and then
have to physically login to your mail machine and run your mail reader there
is plain inconvenient. MUCH better to run imap and then run your email reader
from where you are..

> And mutt is  a mailer that handle
> threaded - sorted mail messages properly where programs like evolution
> can't.

depends what you mean by "like evolution" if you mean rubbish like evolution I
might agree (although I must confess I haven't run evolution for a time now).
On the other hand mail readers like kmail and thunderbird, which I do use a
lot have great thread and mail sorting abilities, for both smtp and imap
mail, so I would very much disagree. I'm replying to this thread in a well
sorted threaded imap list in kmail...

cheers Chris