Re: Epson R260 and Newer Printers, drivers are avaible.

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 15:49 -0500, jim tate wrote:
> http://avasys.jp/   The site is in Japanese, at top right hand corner
> click on 'English'
>
> Has a rpm driver for Fedora for the newer Epson printers that cups
> doesn't have yet.
> You have to install the RPM into cups. and the location of download for
> your selected printer is the instruction file, be sure to download.
> I have a newer Epson Stylus Photo R260 I need to setup , but instruction
> are confusing.
> If someone should succeed please leave feedback.
>
> Jim

You can also use a program called "Turboprint", which interfaces to CUPS
and supports a large range of Canon, Epson and HP printers.. (And a
small range of Brother printers).

http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

I didn't see your printer model on their supported printer list, but I'd
say it will be a matter of time before it's supported..

They also have a support forum, which is accessible via their web-page..

Wolf