Re: yum update / SELinux problem?

Thanks to everyone who replied with suggestions.

'id -Z' just returned "user_u:system_r:unconfined_t" both for a user and
root.

I relabelled the filesystem and rebooted. There are no new updates today,
but installing a package worked correctly (I first saw the message when
installing a new package). I then tried downgrading a package by hand and
ran 'sudo yum update' and that also worked fine.

I'm not quite sure why the problem has gone away. Maybe an updated package
yesterday fixed it, or maybe relabelling did the trick (there do seem to
have been a lot of new "policy" packages recently). I'll be sure to report
if I have any further problems.

Jonathan

--
http://jonathan.rawle.org/