Re: How to upgrade from RH8 to FC? Is it safe?

> > Are you trolling? RH8 uses 2.4 kernel. FC uses 2.6.
> Libraries,
> > compiliers and most everything that else have
> changed. Do not upgrade!
> > Do a backup. Do new install.
> >
> How about RH8 to RH 9 then FC? Is it possible?

I've gone from RH7 or earlier to FC6 through various releases on the way.
It's most certainly possible when you need to keep a box sane, although
I'd do a reinstall by choice.

Also remember modern desktops need a lot more RAM than RH8 so if the box
has 64-128MB of RAM it may not be up to current FC/Gnome and updating.
128MB should be fine with older desktops or lighter ones like Xfce