compiz and scim are fighting for my keyboard

Compiz uses CTRL-ALT-arrows to switch virtual desktops.

scim's default configuration uses CTRL-ALT-arrows to switch input methods.

Who gets the bug?  I'm leaning towards compiz for two reasons:

1) scim appears to have seniority.  compiz is a relative newcomer.

2) although scim's keys are customizable, compiz's are not. compiz needs to be more configurable.