What's up with the latest aci updates

I posted a problem with FC6 and kacpid going berserk in one of my desktops just after the upgrade from FC5 a while back and didn't see any ideas on what's causing the problem. It seems FC6 isn't starting my cooling fan. Which isn't a huge problem since that entire room is temp controlled and that's not a heavily used machine.

A little while later a new update seemed to fix the problem, although the fan still didn't come on, kacpid didn't peg the crap out of my cpu. Now,with the latest update, it's back to the same problem kacpid is just beating this system apart and nothing I've done has fixed it. Does anyone have any ideas one what's happening?

--
Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator