Re: retoring a PostgreSQL database from one server to another

On 2/28/07, Beau BOB <man_55@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have postgresql 7.4.1 and I'm restoring to another server that has
postgresql 7.4.6

for dumping I'm using :
pg_dumpall --clean -h localhost -U postgres -p 5432 > dbfile

and for restoring I use many methods:
psql -h localhost -U postgres -d template1 -f dbfile

and I have this error message when I run the PgAdminIII to connect my data
base:
"error relation pg_settings not found " & " error relation pg_user not
found"

and when I use the commands:
psql -l
ERROR:  relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" not found

notice that when I make restore , I have many error message about missing
relation ;

please can anybody help me to resolv my problem
thanks for advance

Are you doing the restore as the postgres user?
Also, it's useful to redirect stderror to a file when doing the
restore, so you can inspect it later.

Andras