Re: Building a strat1/2 time server

Weiner, Michael wrote:

Yes that's helpful. So is there no way I can say have a windows box
connect to this server and pull its time successfully even though the
ntp server is an hour behind, or say we roll the date forward to March
11, 2007? You can see where we are going with this as far as testing is
concerned, they want to be absolutely sure they have thought of
everything - and asked me to build this. And that's when it hit me luck
a brick that this wont work well if its going out to a strat2 and
syncing, LOL.

I haven't tried this, but I'd expect that if you set the 'fudge' entry in /etc/ntp.conf to a low enough number and change the restrictive permissions to allow queries, you could get other machines to sync against your local adjusted clock.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx