Building a strat1/2 time server

Dear list readers –

Sorry to cause some additional noise on the list, but I am looking for help in building a strat1 or 2 time server. I have a Fedora Core 6 server running with the latest NTP server installed. What I am trying to do actually is build an authoritative or reference time server that we can use here for testing daylight saving time adjustments in our environment. After thinking about it, I have come to the sane conclusion that this wont work with a normal ntp server as it will constantly want to FIX the time back and my ntpclients wont pull time if the server is out of whack. So I need to build an ntp server that doesn’t go out and sync with an outside source, that my clients can use in this test environment. So, my question is, just how do you build one?

Any insights and additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Weiner

Cleveland Clinic is ranked one of the top 3 hospitals in
America by U.S.News & World Report. Visit us online at
http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of
our services, staff and locations.