Re: Jumping mouse pointer - FC5

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 08:18 -0300, Clodoaldo wrote:
> In FC5, gnome desktop, the mouse pointer jumps randomly to one of the
> screen borders at each minute or two when I'm moving it.  Tried with
> two PS2 mouses and one USB mouse.

Just to let you know I've seen the same sort of thing since Red Hat
Linux 7.1.  It seems less worse, for me, with a USB mouse, and has
improved slightly over the years.

For some time, I've thought that there's something fundamentally wrong
with I/O issues, keyboards seem to have their problems, too.  I'll point
out that running Windows on the same hardware shows no problems,
whatsoever; and swapping mice and keyboards around doesn't fix the
problem, just alters the behaviours, somewhat.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.