Re: Support for Firefox 1.5.0.x ends on April 24, 2007.

javajunkie wrote:
> I read Support for Firefox 1.5.0.x ends on April 24, 2007.

The Fedora Firefox maintainer begs to differ:
> That's a silly terminology for it. It's not really End-of-life. There
> will be releases past that point, it's just that they won't be done in
> the traditional fashion: meaning, no generic binaries posted by
> mozilla.org. They will follow this strategy for 3.0 and at some future
> date will do it for 2.0.0.x. There will be releases off 1.5 that several
> people including myself have signed up to drive.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-January/msg01173.html

javajunkie continued:
> Will:
> 1) fc6 offer ff2.0 then
> or
> 2)people go without security fixes until they upgrade to fc7
> or
> 3) people just install ff2.0 from one of the ways you can find on the
> web
4) The Fedora (and RHEL) Firefox developer was in on that decision and
is happy to keep supporting 1.5 (including security fixes), since he'd
have to do it for RHEL anyway.

See also
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-January/msg01172.html

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail:     james@ | I don't believe there's a limit to the number of messages
aprilcottage.co.uk | in my Orange mailbox. Or at least nobody has left a