Re: Disk saturation

O> I've seen exactly this message on some of my hardware RAIDS.  For me, it
> does mean that the cache on the RAID controller will not be used.  I
> believe it means the same for you.

It means your RAID card or its driver is too daft to support the SCSI
cache management features. In at least some cases (eg the AMI megaraid)
this doesn't mean the card does not use the on board battery backed cache
if fitted merely that it does so without the OS being able to manage it
directly.

Alan