Re: fc6: telnetd refuses connections if nameserver is down

kalinix wrote:

> Actually the "HOST" part is not in /etc/xinetd.d/telnet but
> in /etc/xinetd.conf:
>

>         log_on_failure  = HOST
>         log_on_success  = PID HOST DURATION EXIT

I guess I changed the default setup here. In any case, the settings
in /etc/xinetd.conf are the default settings, but they can be
overridden, or added to, by the individual service config files in
/etc/xinetd.d - take a look at any of the IMAP or POP entries...

Mikkel