Re: cd installs under FC6 fail

Jack Howarth wrote:
   I am seeing an odd problem under x86_64 FC6. A number
of different programs that I have tried to install from
CD have all failed with the error message of the form...

sh: ./MathInstaller: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

This happens regardless of whether I am in the root account
when I mount the CD or not. I have had to make a tar archive
of the contents and of the CDs, untar these on the hard drive
and run the installers from there. What is causing this problem
under FC6? Thanks in advance for any advice.
                      Jack

Just a shot in the dark here:

This sounds to me like shell execution issues, ie:

The first line of a script may be:

#!/bin/sh

if /bin/sh is not there,
or
the script is a DOS file and has a <LF><CR> end of line

it will cause this error

instead of running the installer directly, try: sh installer

Good luck!