Re: is LVM safe for RAID-1?

Jack Howarth wrote:
   I've been setting up software RAID-1 configurations
since Fedora Core 2 with normal partitions instead of
using LVM. I was wondering what the consensus was about
using LVM for software RAID partitions? My inclination
is that, unless one plans on adding additional drives
to the LVM partitions later, it really only adds another
layer of code that can break. Thanks in advance for
any comments.
             Jack

I have been doing it on FC4. Even when I had a drive failure (not the drive in the end), it was an easy repair as the RAID dropped the bad drive and notified me. Heck, I didn't even know that the drive had failed. I did panic but it turned out that it was no big issue.

As media files get more and more demanding, I love LVM. No moving around mount points to allow enough storage space for all those media files.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.