Re: XDMCP problems after xorg(?) updates

On 2/25/07, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
However, logging in crashes the remote X
server with (paraphrasing) "EE: unable to load module 'mga_hal" module
does not exist".

This one was a lack of RAM - the mga_hal error was a red herring.

Thinking that I'd borked something hardware-wise, I unshelved one of
the other terminal machines.  It also booted to the remote GDM login
screen - but logging in crashes the X server also.  Nothing is amiss
in the xorg.log.  This one is logged in /var/log/messages on the
"head" machine: "gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error -
Restarting ws200:0"

This one is still a mystery, but I'll take it to the LTSP list.  I
winder if xorg requires more RAM these days?

I'm going to try a 3rd terminal box, but was wondering if anyone on
the list is using thin terminals, and if so are you having problems
after the recent updates...

The third box also failed, but with an error about the RIVA 128 not
being able to handle 16-bit depth (WTF?  Also an item for the LTSP
list)

4th and 5th boxes came up just fine - that's when I stopped freaking out ;)

Thanks anyway,
Chris