Re: OT: HTML Editors

linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sunday 25 February 2007, Norm wrote:
I am trying to find a FC6 compatible html editor that
works well with the W3C standards and also offers a gui
layout process.  Seamonkey has the gui process but strips
out some cosing tags that the W3c standards require. Bluefish does not strip out the tags but is a text only
style editing process.  The text only editing process
works for me but as I am trying to find a gui driven w3c
compliant editor for a entry newbe web design course I am
working on I would prefer to instruct the basics from a
gui perspective.
Anyone know of a FC6 compatible w3c compliant gui html
editor.

w3c has one but I don't know if they fixed it yet. Quanta Plus might get you closer to your goal. Dreamweaver will but it is not free and will work with crossover office also not free.

Thanks Quanta was the app that I was looking for. Bit of a trick to find it as it is part of kdewebdev. I have not fully tested it or explored it but so far it appears to run well and will fill the need.