Installation woes on a DL320 G2

Trying to get a FC6 install on a DL320 G2.

I get past the check media fine, then the problems start
The system is just hanging when trying to bring up the GUI installer OR
the text "gui"
If I go the standard install method then I get the cursor, but nothing else.
If I try text, I get a blue background but never any text or options.

I have tried
acpi=off apm=off, nofb,i8042.nomux, resolution=800x600(and 640x480 and
1024x768)
and the above options in about every combination I can think of.

If I go to any of the alternate shells I dont see any errors.

I have tried from DVD, CD, and even tried FC5.
I have used this DVD to install FC6 on 4 other machines so Its not a
media issue.

The machine does have an Ultra ATA-100 controller, however I see both
drives show up

I booted up an Ubuntu CD and it appears to be installing fine, however
I'm a Fedora Bigot!

I'm trying to go through the list to see if anyone else has reported
this, but thats a long process.
Googling for several hours hasn't led me anywhere either.

Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem and how I could fix it?

Appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,  Larry