Re: fglrx question

On Fri February 23 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I've downloaded and installed the current ati drivers for my third party
> (VisionTek I think) ati 9200SE 128mb card.

Me believes this may be your prob. As I recall, support for older ATI cards
was dropped in a fairly recent driver update. I even found that corroborated
somewhere on the ATI site, if my memory serves. I'm not sure where you're
downloading these drivers for your card, but, I'd suggest poking around. When
this happenned, I did the research and confirmed what I'd read in some post
somewhere, which occasion I used to happily dump all my 9200SE's (I had three
or four), and went to NVidia. If you decide to upgrade, I would also suggest
you get your drivers from freshrpms and install the dkms package at the same
time - dkms will automate the module building process for you, so that each
time you upgrade your kernel, it will detect that and build a new kernel
module for you on the fly as part of the boot process - for this to work, you
will also need the kernel-headers package for your kernel - install that
once, install the driver once, install dkms once, and you'll never have to
think about your video drivers anymore - I haven't installed a new kernel
module through six or so kernel updates in FC6.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA