Auto-login - program start

I have set my FC6 system to do an autologin and start one program
(gxmame).  I am also using twm as the window manager (I don't need
anything fancy)

The autologin works fine and the program starts ok but I get the wire form
outline of the program at the mouse tip waiting for me to click on the
screen to choose the location for the program.

How do I get the program to start, place on the desktop and be in focus?

So far I have modified the following:

/etc/X11/xinit/Xclients and removed everything that gets started
automatically , commented out the other window manages (kde and gnome) and
right before the section that starts twm I put:

if [ -x /usr/bin/gxmame ]; then
   /usr/bin/gxmame &
fi

modified the /etc/gdm/custom.conf and under the [daemon] sections put:
AutomaticLogin=user
AutomaticLoginEnable=true

Help would be appreciated!

Jeff