Re: Seamlessly switching network profiles

> I want to be able to somehow set it up so that I can move to anyone of those
> places, turn it on, and have internet connection. Also, If I have wire
> connected to the LAN port, I want for to use that instead of wireless (since
> it's faster connection). But also I want to be able to unplug the wire
> without rebooting and have it move to wireless connection.
>
> Any help on how to do this ?

Enable the NetworkManager Service.

chkconfig  on NetworkManager
Service NetworkManager start

After that look in the Notification Applet there is a new Icon for you.
Networkmanager should be able to give you anything you wan't including
preffering Lan over Wlan :)

--

 Stefan Held                    VI has only 2 Modes:
 obi unixkiste org              The first one is for beeping all the time,