Re: HP Adaptec HostRAID SHIM Linux (aad81xx driver)

Il giorno gio, 22/02/2007 alle 17.50 +0000, Alan ha scritto:

> You should ask Adaptec if they support it. The open source Linux drivers
> don't support the adaptec proprietary raid modes because adaptec won't
> open them.
Ok.

> ...In general however you might as
> well use software raid and most software raid setups on PCI Express are
> as fast or faster than hardware ones.
Yes, on this server I have disable the hardware RAID, and I have instal
fc6 using the (great!) software RAID.

But I have must to use the 'nodmraid' option at the boot install prompt,
otherwise anaconda it does not start X.

Question:

a) Is this a know issue?
b) Which function has the dmraid service during the setup process?

Many thanks!

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca@xxxxxxxxxx>