Re: How will this affect Linux using MP3

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Thursday 22 February 2007, jim tate wrote:
How will this affect Linux using MP3

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/external/cbsm/SIG=12qc5oi18/*http://www.m
arketwatch.com/news/story/microsoft-ordered-pay-alcatel-lucent-15/story.
aspx?guid=%7B1DD3996C%2D8037%2D4528%2D9203%2DA612C9AD2564%7D&siteid=yhoo
&dist=yhoo

I doubt it will have any long term effect, as IMO the suite was baseless
in the first place, and now we've had a died in the wool, red white &
blue judge who probably whistles yandee doodle while trimming his roses
in the back yard make a ruling that on the face of it, goes against
everything we know about MP3, eg Fahnhoffer own the patent and who the
hell is this alcatel/lucent if not just another patent troll?  What
rights do they claim they have to kick a dog in this fight?

Surely this will be summarily tossed at the next appeals court hearing?

For the first time in my life, I stand behind and support M$
(Now im going to have to wash my mouth out with lots of amber fluids shorlty :P )

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie