sendmail

Im running Fedora Core 6 with sendmail, procmail, openldap and uw-imap installed. Sendmail is configure with openldap for mail and user accounts. Most of my users check their mail through horde and imp webmail which works well. However, a few users use Mozilla Thunderbird email client. When they are inside my network they can send and recieve emails no problem. When they go home they are unable to send emails. The mail client keeps asking for username and password. Im thinking that my pam module for smtp isnt configured correctly to grab the username and passwords from my ldap directory. But I cant quite put my finger on the issue. Im not seeing anything weird in my logfiles. I actually tried sending an email from thunderbird while watching my secure logs and nothing happens. But Mozilla comes back with wanting username and password again. Anyone using anything close to my mailserver setup? Im sortof at a loss as to why this doesnt work.

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator