Re: ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

But I agree with his main point. I no longer use rpm to keep the tabs of all the additional stuff I install on my machines.

What do you use besides rpm now? I have both yum and rpm busted after an upgrade so the info might be helpful.

Jim

rpm -q kernel
rpm: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[root@cornette-dell-hdb packages]# yum list updates
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.5 (r25:51908, Feb 13 2007, 09:13:49)
[GCC 4.1.1 20070209 (Red Hat 4.1.1-57)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

[root@cornette-dell-hdb packages]# locate libz.so.1
/usr/lib/libz.so.1
/usr/lib/libz.so.1.0.0

--
Why is it taking so long for her to bring out all the good in you?