Re: NVU

Peter Lesterhuis wrote:

Hi,
> I installed NVU on FC6. All seems to work fine. However, when I hit an > item in the help-menu nothing happens. I'd expect firefox to launch and > present the webpage. The same happens when I hit the "browse"-button: > again firefox doesn't launch.
> Googling and searching this list did not provide any clues.
> Maybe it is caused by the rpm, which was not originally built for fc6 > (but fc4 or 5). Does anyone know how to deal with this ?
> Thanks,
> Peter
> Did you actually install the FC4 or 5 rpm? If so, is it possible to get the source RPM and build it for FC6 that might fix the problem.
Rebuilding the package from srpm is a possibility indeed, but
- I am not a skilled rpm-builder. As a matter of fact I never did this before. However one could give it a try.
- Obtaining the srpm is not going to be easy.
Thanks for your answer anyway.
Peter

Wherever you found the binary rpm should also have the src rpm available. There's a 1.0.0.1 for fc4 here:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=nvu
You'd have a fair chance if you download that and run
rpmbuild --rebuild nvu-1.0-0.1.src.rpm
then look under /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/ for the binary it builds.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx