Re: ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Temlakos wrote:

Does anyone here think that any of Mr. Raymond's suggestions have any merit? Or shall we write this off to sour grapes?

The one that matters is that fedora isn't suitable for machine that need to be stable and reliable. I've always thought that a quick, easy solution to most surprises would be to let yum take a date/time option and ignore all updates after that time. That way you could stay almost up to date on your critical machines while watching the mail list for complaints by people with the newer changes. And, you could update a test machine and after testing, reliably update other boxes to the same versions that you tested even if new updates had gone in the repository.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx