Re: Kaffiene question re audio

On Tuesday 20 February 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
>On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 23:25 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >Yes, currently a serious pain in the arse.  I'd love to see this
>> > problem of repos providing similar/duplicate, but incompatible
>> > versions of the same (in this case, multimedia) packages resolved
>> > asap.
>> >
>> >-- Rex
>>
>> It looks as if the smart package manager makes this enough easier to
>> make it worthwhile.  I'm slowly cleaning my system up with it.
>
>Gene, on your recommendation, I installed it. That is pretty darn slick!
>Thanks, Ric

I just tried it again on my FC5 lappy, but it bailed out when a site
didn't upchuck a file, and refused to even do a retry.  And yumex then
did the job.  Go figure.  But generally I think its going to be better,
particularly since it runs many downloads in parallel.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)