Re: Getting e-mail from GMail but without keeping messages

On 2/18/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I do not want to store messages locally to minimize the risk of them
> being spied by someone else. With the CustomizeGoogle extension of
> Firefox, one can read GMail accounts with the https protocol, which
> encrypts the communications between my machine and GMail servers.

But are HTTP pages cached in your browser?

I'd suggest that your mail cannot be casually spied upon on your
computer if you do not share log-ins, and don't leave your computer
without logging out or locking out access.

But the traffic containing the messages may be spied between my
computer and the GMail server. If the traffic obeys to the https
protocol, hence it may be spied but it will be useless for the spier.

Paul