Re: Fedora 7 vs. Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

On Tue February 20 2007, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> I guess you could say that Fedora and Ubuntu are aimed at a
> different type of user. For an average Windows user, Unbuntu would
> probably be a better choice then Fedora...

I've installed and tested over 40 distros, now. I keep coming back to Fedora.
My principal interest happens to be television and new media production.
Fedora, as has been mentioned, tends to be cutting edge, and is a solid
candidate for that reason.

But, the thing that really brings me back, again and again, is this list. Of
all the lists I've subscribed to, this tends to be the most helpful. NOT
because other lists don't have good people. But, the numbers of helpful and
knowledgeable folk here have always amazed me. It is the most prolific list
I've subscribed to in Linux land - I can't say I've tried them all, but, I
doubt there's one with as many members as this that I could have missed.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA