Re: Fedora 7 vs. Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 04:07:55 +0000,
  Ryan Li <li_international@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm new to Fedora and like what I've seen so far. I'm hoping that Fedora
> will be the #1 choice for everyone in the future. Is there a big difference
> between Ubuntu and Fedora? Please don't feel offended by this. I'm just
> curious as to why not everyone has already switched to Fedora..

Fedora is definitely not for everyone. It is a fast moving distribution
with a very limited support lifetime for any particular version. Upgrades
(between Fedora versions) could work better as well.
Limiting the packages to "Free" and unencumbered by patents software causes
some other problems, particularly related to playing media and high end
video cards.