Re: Xvid users out there?

Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
Verily I say unto thee, that Tom Poe spake thusly:
xvidcore-1.1.2-1.lvn6

/usr/lib/libxvidcore.so.4
/usr/lib/libxvidcore.so.4.1
/usr/share/doc/xvidcore-1.1.2
/usr/share/doc/xvidcore-1.1.2/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/xvidcore-1.1.2/ChangeLog
/usr/share/doc/xvidcore-1.1.2/LICENSE
/usr/share/doc/xvidcore-1.1.2/README
/usr/share/doc/xvidcore-1.1.2/TODO

WorksForMe®

Just get the livna package:
Keith: Thanks. I'm computer-challenged. I didn't make the connection that xvidcore was a codec, and only installed libraries. I was attempting to create a movie from images, and used mencoder to create a .avi movie with an soundtrack .ogg file. $ mencoder mf://*.png -mf w=320:h=240:fps=1:type=png -ovc copy -audiofile Open_Studios_theme.ogg -oac copy -o done1.avi
then
I used mencoder to convert that to a .mpg file that could be loaded into Cinelerra for editing: mencoder done1.avi -o VCD.mpg -ofps 25 -vf scale=352:288,harddup -of lavf -lavfopts format=mpg:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=224 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video:vrc_buf_size=327:keyint=15:vrc_maxrate=1152:vbitrate=1152:vmax_b_frames=0
then
I wanted to use m4creator to create a QuickTime compatible movie, but got into trouble trying to download and install Mpeg4IP.
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-quicktime-7.html#menc-feat-quicktime-7-example
this is the link for mplayer site documentation and examples.

After reading and rereading the mpeg4ip install page, I've come to the conclusion doing this only makes sense if it's the first thing you do after you do a fresh operating system install. Has anyone come across a neat way to start with a bunch of images and a soundtrack, and create movies for the Internet? I've decided to settle for being able to get this far, and will leave the QuickTime conversion for another day. :)
Tom