Re: Kaffiene question re audio

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 18 February 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:
Hi;

Trying to play a .wmv here, using kaffiene, video is great, no audio.
In wandering around in the kaffiene menu's, I cannot find a place
where one can assign an audio output path arbitrarily, it has 'auto'
and blank for the options.

I am also getting a 'can't bind info socket' from the dvb client.
Render engine in use is kaffiene-xine, and apparently cannot be
changed because of the above error.
install xine-lib-extras-nonfree from livna?  Does that help?

I just swore off of livna, once you have a livna rpm installed, its dependencies absolutely preclude updating anything else. Is there not an equ from freshrpms, dries, or atrpms?

Yes, currently a serious pain in the arse. I'd love to see this problem of repos providing similar/duplicate, but incompatible versions of the same (in this case, multimedia) packages resolved asap.

-- Rex