OT: which Linux for WRT54GL?

Slightly OT, but what version of firmware should I try on a WRT54GL? I
see I have multiple choces including:

Stock/Linksys -- not an option

Sveasoft -- commercial or older version (free)

OpenWRT -- RC6, many features, looks interesting

DD-wrt

Any opinions?  Any successes?  Any failures?

I just got the WRT54GL to replace my older WRK54G -- which is the
worst piece of junk I have ever owned (not upgradable, crashes
sometimes multiple times daily....).

Also, is the bcm43xx driver for FC6 now stable?  I had to go back to
ndiswrappers as the bcm43xx was very flakey and made my laptop
marginally usable....

Cheers,
--
Wade Hampton