Re: No Video

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 00:36:26 -0500, linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx took time to say the following:

>On Thursday 15 February 2007, Charles R. Buchanan wrote:
>> I installed Fedora 6 yesterday and when booting up, there
>> is no video. The monitor is on (indicator light is
>> green). During the install, it correctly identified the
>> video card so I assume it loaded/installed the correct
>> drivers for it.
>>
>> Anyone ever experience this?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
>Are you getting anything at all on the screen?

Not getting anything beyond the the first text screen. Sorry if I can't
be more descriptive right now. Once the booting process starts up and
the text that's on the monitor goes away, it stays like that. (gone)

I tried to use ubuntu live cd to access the drives, but that distro
doesn't automount the drives. I have a older SuSe live dvd laying around
somewhere, I'll try that tomorrow. It's bedtime now.

Will let you know what happens. If I can access the file mentioned below,
I'll take a look at it.