Re: Question about DST changes in the US

On Wednesday 14 February 2007, Michael Klinosky wrote:
>Ian:
>> Just off the cuff: If your system is set to use UTC, local time and
>> changes will be applied when Fedora boots.
>
>NTP-aware systems shouldn't have any problem - correct? (I figure that
>the time servers will change on the new days.)
>
>I checked ntp.org and the timeservers site - didn't mention anything
>about the new dates.

That is because the time servers all serve up UTC time.  It is entirely up
to your machine and its proper setup in the locale and uptodate tz files
to sort it out.

FWIW a DST to ST or vice versa switch does not require a reboot and never
has AFAIK.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)