Gnome won't load,

Haven't kept up with the list lately. I recently performed  fresh upgrade to FC6. Everything was operating fine. I have my computer set up to triple boot XP,fc6, and UbuntuCE 2.0- 6.10. I was using either KDE or Ubuntu for a while and when I came back to use Gnome in FC6 it hung up on the splash screen. The splash screen no longer shows the icons for loading the components like networking etc. It doesn't go on from there. KDE works fine. Yumex just had a massive update with several gnome components. I noticed that gnome-icons wasn't one of them. I was hoping the update would fix gnome but it didn't. Do not know what happened Could a bad gnome-icons cause this? If  so how do I force it to reinstall gnome-icons?
If this has been addressed already forgive me. I did a Google search but did't see anything that matched.
Myron Slover

"[N]either the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will
secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are
universally corrupt."

-- Samuel Adams (essay in The Public Advertiser, Circa 1749)

Never miss an email again!