Re: password

On 13 Feb 2007, at 18:09, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

tokyoi@xxxxxxx wrote:

I do a similar thing with titles of books in weird languages but was
quite surprised to find that some of them don't show up as strong
compared to some plain text passwords. What algorithms are used to
determine the strength of a password, apart from plain text words in
dictionaries, personal names and all the obvious ones? Or should I just
use a whole bookshelf? :-)

Best wishes,

Ian

You may want to read the README in /usr/share/doc/pam_passwdqc-1.0.2
 - it describes the different tests...

Thanks, Mikkel, that was a bit on the recondite side for poor old me!

Best wishes,

Ian