Re: Fedora 6 x86_64 DVD install, unrecognized _CD_ (not DVD)??

Markku Kolkka skrev:
Frode Petersen kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai 13 helmikuu 2007 01:49):
I was able to boot the dvd, start the installation, and got as
far as to where you choose the installation media. When
choosing local cdrom (no dvd option), the cd was ejected and
the installer complained that the cd wasn't recognized.

I'm guessing you have a motherboard based on the Intel 965 chipset, a SATA hard disk and a PATA interface DVD drive?

No, it's a nForce 4 SLI chipset, Athlon 64 x2.

Is there something wrong with the dvd iso's ability to read a
dvd, or am I doing something wrong?

You need to give the "all-generic-ide" boot parameter to allow the installer to detect the PATA controller and the DVD drive.

I'll try that, just to confirm the solution (as I managed to install anyway.) Is this an Intel specific problem?

Thanks for the answer!

Frode